VIEW MY PHOTOS BY CLICKING ON THE TWITTER LINK OR FLICKR THUMBNAILS BELOW

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
FLICKR iMAGES - Please click to view
create with flickr badge.


Created with flickr slideshow.

Monday, 25 February 2008

The last Siskin

Well it looks as though all the Siskin are disappearing for the up coming spring, about 2-3 weeks ago we had 10+ at the feeders sometimes out numbering the Gold Finches.

The Siskin shown below appears to be the last one and this is the first time I have seen it for a few days now.I am now back to the Gold Finches which are still appearing in numbers of 12+ heres one from this afternoon.
I even tried an in flight shot and with really poor light this is what I got, rubbish shot, but as an arty feel to it.And finally a Collared Dove, we currently have 4 that visit regularly and a great bird they are too.All photos taken 25/02/2008.

6 comments:

  1. Sometimes the rubbish shots are the most fun! I love shots that catch a bird's motion. Is that a Gold Finch with the red face??? So different from ours! Beautiful bird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These birds are beautiful and your pictures... WOW!!! A red faced goldfinch! Ours don't have red faces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary & Sandpiper, they one of our more colourful garden visitors, thanks for your kind comments. Mike

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your 'goldfinch' is about to force me to try painting it. I like to do simple paintings of birds. Your goldfinch has so much color too. That red face is to be admired. I also think the arty picture is nice. I like the swirl of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi again, Mike :-)

    Oh... you will miss the siskin. What a great parting shot! We still have plenty at the moment but we are always about two weeks behind you. I haven't noticed our two blackcap females recently so I wonder if they have finally left us too :-(

    I am glad you posted the flight shots. I was ready to try them once too after reading tips on Richard Bedford's site. UNfrotunately on the day in question the birds were quiet at the feeders when I was outside!

    Nice collared dove shot too :-D

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENTS, MIKE.