VIEW MY PHOTOS BY CLICKING ON THE TWITTER LINK OR FLICKR THUMBNAILS BELOW

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
FLICKR iMAGES - Please click to view
create with flickr badge.


Created with flickr slideshow.

Sunday, 27 January 2008

Hest Bank

Today took us to Hest Bank, just outside Morecambe and overlooking Morecambe bay, I had been here a while ago and saw plenty of waders but didn't have my camera at that time.

Today was no different plenty of waders most of which where way out on a sand patch, but with the tide coming in fast these where soon pushed inland.

The 1st picture is a Curlew, this one flew straight past me as I was trying to sneak up to a group of Redshank at the waters edge.


2nd pictures shows a pair of Curlew and some Oyster catchers, these where plentiful, long orange beaks wherever I looked.


I had tried to sneak across some big boulders which formed the water breaker by the car park because I could see Redshanks, Lapwings, Curlews and an Eider duck in the sea at the end of the boulders quite a way out.

Being 6'2" sneaking and stalking doesn't come naturally, but I got as close as I could and got the shot below, the shot that follows that shows what happened when I stood up too high.

The final shot was a surprise to me, I wasn't too sure what it was until I got home, but its a Skylark and there where about 7 -8 that where sticking together.

If this isn't a Skylark please leave a comment with your suggestion.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures. I've never seen a skylark before, but after doing some googling, I think you've nailed it. Very striking bird!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENTS, MIKE.